And I’m not the only dog who feels this way. We all have our issues or as Rosie’s mom says, each dog has their own set of rules.
And I would have to say, that’s pretty much how it is with all the dogs we walk — each with their own set of rules.
My rules are simple. There are only five of them:
2. You can’t force me to eat if I don’t want to.
3. The human bed is better than any bed you could buy for me — yes, even the most expensive one!
4. If you’re not going to play with me, I’ll do whatever I can to convince you otherwise.
5. Yes, I do like the sound of my own voice!
Don’t think I’m strange because every dog we walk has their own set of rules. Some have far more than five, let me tell you!
1. Everything is a surprise.
2. Being chased is really fun only when it’s not.
3. A plaintive look will get you anything!
4. If you bark at squirrels, they run faster.
5. When running, always smile for the camera; you’ll make everyone happier for it!
1. Spinning in circles is the best way to move forward.
2. Grabbing the legs of your friends is an invitation.
3. Dogs who bark from behind fences need to be put in their places.
4. It’s important to say goodbye and one can only do that from on top of the couch.
5. Always, no matter the circumstance, no matter the previous behavior, no matter how frustrated someone is with you, no matter if you’ve caused a huge accident or made someone angry or sad or laugh too much…ALWAYS ALWAYS look really cute and innocent.
1. Treats taste better if they come from Gretchen’s right hand and not her left.
2. If Tyson is excited about something, then it must be time for red alert.
3. Anything worth doing is only worth doing for a treat.
4. It’s best to shake one’s head during photo ops…as well as squint when facing the sun.
1. Rubin’s ball tastes better than any other you might have in that there bag.
2. Throw your weight around…it really works.
3. Even if you’re being annoying, maintain an adorable look and you’ll be forgiven.
4. Learn from your friends. They have a lot to teach you.
5. “Stay” ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.